Diabetic Dessert Recipes
"Diabetic dessert recipes? Here’s a fruity dessert that’s a snap to make. You'll be enjoying this in no time although you have to wait till it‘s thoroughly chilled. It‘s worth the wait for you‘re going to love it."
Fruit Pie Tropical, Anyone?
Ingredients for the crust:
- Nonstick cooking spray, non fat variety
- 1 tablespoon sweet and low sweetener
- 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
Ingredients for the filling:
- 1/3 cup boiling water
- 1 envelope Knox unflavored gelatin
- 12 ounces fat-free cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sweet and low sweetener
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 ounces canned crushed pineapple
- 15 1/2 ounces Dole fruit salad in light syrup
Procedure to make the crust:
- 1. Mix together the graham cracker crumbs and sweetener.
- 2. Spray 8-inch pie plate with cooking spray.
- 3. Spread the graham cracker crumbs evenly over the bottom of the pie plate.
- 4. Prepare the filling and pour over the crumbs.
Procedure to prepare the filling:
- 1. Mix the unflavored gelatin with 1/3 cup boiling water until completely dissolved in a heat proof bowl.
- 2. Mix cream cheese, sweetener and vanilla with electric mixer until smooth.
- 3. Stir in gently the fruit salad and crushed pineapple, both not drained.
- 4. Pour the dissolved gelatin into the well blended cream cheese and fruit mixture.
- 5. Pour this filling over the graham cracker crumbs.
- 6. Chill well in refrigerator for three hours before attempting to cut.
One Serving Analysis:
One Serving Analysis
Who says we can’t have dessert? Of course, we can. With the proper ingredients and good diabetic diet recipes, we can easily make a healthy dessert like this one. And it is a snap to make. Even a child can make this. I know because I had a friend's daughter make it. The result? It was delicious!
If you have diabetic dessert recipes, send them in so we can share them with everyone. If you have pictures to go with the dessert, so much the better. If they meet the guidelines of my service provider, we will be sure to publish them so we can all try them for free. Just fill in the contact form below.
Here are the recommendations from the experts themselves: The American Dietetic Association. They have suggestions for healthy eating all year round. Check them out if you want. If you decide to get it, please let me know if you're satisfied with it so I can remove it from our website if it does not prove useful. Here it is: 365 Days Of Healthy Eating From The American Dietetic Association
If you want to make any comments or other feedback, please fill in the contact form below so I can send you my email address. This is to avoid spam.
Review Diabetic Dessert Recipes1? Or
Fudge Icing on Chocolate Cake
See also: Blogging for Diabetes and You