|Back to Back Issues Page|
Diabetes Positive Approach, Issue #1011-- Cope with Diabetes; Live Healthy
November 02, 2010
Hi! You are receiving this because you signed up for Diabetes Positive Approach. To unsubscribe, use the link at the end.
Welcome to this month's issue which is all about food. Food is so interrelated with diabetes that from time to time, we have to deal with this issue. I know that most of you know all about this already but getting reminders can't be all that bad.
Besides, we want to embark on a new way to get more living out of life. To do this, we have to find the truth of who we really are. When we get reminders like this, does our self-image accept this? If not, you are not to blame yourself because self-image is formed by our experiences in the past. The good news is that we can change it the same way.
In This Issue:
1. What's new at https://www.free-symptoms-of-diabetes-alert.com? Let's tackle the newsalert section first:
1. What's new at https://www.free-symptoms-of-diabetes-alert.com
Let's tackle the newsalert section first:
Diabetes Linked to Parkinsonís Disease
Help People Understand Low Blood Sugar
What To Do Before Driving
Here are the new additions at our sister site at Blogging for Diabetes and You You may be able to hit control and click to follow the link:
Healthy Living, Healthy Life
Top 5 Phony Foods to Avoid
1. Cheese Product That is Processed
2. Phony Seafood
3. Meats That are Processed
4. Creamers That are Not Dairy Products
Almost always, experts say they are made from hydrogenated oil which is also known as trans fat. And it has sugar to boot. This is usually in the form of corn syrup so just use a bit.
5. Whipped Topping
How To Eat More Veggies
We all know that to cultivate a taste for natural alternative by consuming nuts, grains, avocados and dark green leafy vegetables is a wise thing to do. These are rich in magnesium and those who consume these are less likely to develop diabetes. They are also helpful in maintaining the blood glucose target.
Here are some tricky tips to eat more veggies on the sly:
1. Chop some spinach and mix them in with the lasagna. You will never know that you are getting an extra serving of vegetables this way.
2. Pureed carrots added to meatloaf will not do much change to the taste. The vegetable is hidden and the family will never know why they have better eyesight.
3. Chopped peas or broccoli in hamburgers will disguise the vegetables. In this connection, the best veggie hamburger I ever had was the one I ordered at Hard Rock Cafe in Manhattan.
What are the lowest carb vegetables? The winner is, drum roll please, arugula which has 2g of carbs in a 50-gram portion. And one cup has only 1g of carbs. Then comes cucumber 1/2 cup of which has 3g of carbs. Broccoli comes in third 1/2 bunch of which has 7g of carbs while one cup of iceberg lettuce has 2 g of carbs. Celery is in fifth place with two stalks containing 2.5 g of carbs.
3. A Success Quotation of the Month
"The greater the difficulty the more glory in surmounting it. Skillful pilots gain their reputation from storms and tempests." Epictetus
4. And hereís the dessert recipe we promised you.
Healthy Recipe: Chocolate Pudding Pies
5. 6. Let's laugh together at this joke even if it's not funny. Laughing will help get us healthy.
Man: Hi, did you remove the stain on my shirt?
Woman: Honey, of course. What do you think of me, stupid?
Man: No dear, you're fine. How much were you able to remove?
Woman: All of it of course.
Man: You did well. What did you use to remove such a stubborn stain?
Woman: A pair of scissors, what else?
6. Do you have a question or comment for the team?
Drop us a line at our contact form and write your questions or comment there.
Question: I am allergic to tomatoes. What can I use in recipes that call for tomatoes?
Answer:Some get an allergic reaction to the protein content in the seeds, juice and skin of tomatoes. The symptoms are itching and swelling around the mouth, diarrhea, vomiting hives, skin rash and difficulty in breathing. Some have no problems eating processed tomato products like tomato paste and catsup. Some have used red peppers on sandwiches in lieu of a tomato. You can leave out the tomatoes from many recipes. There are also many recipes that do not have tomatoes for their ingredients.
7. Got something to say? Please write down your questions and comments in the contact form in our website.
Thank you for being a subscriber of Diabetes Positive Approach,! Use self-image psychology to effect positive changes in life. It is the key to human behavior and personality. Change the self image and you change the behavior and literally turn failure into success. The mind is a wonderful thing; use it to your advantage.
Roger and Evelyn Guzman
|Back to Back Issues Page|