|Back to Back Issues Page|
Diabetes Positive Approach, Issue #1103-- Cope with Diabetes; Live Healthy
March 01, 2011
Diabetes Positive Approach Newsletter #1103
Welcome to this month's issue where I will share with you the last of the series on the natural cures for diabetes. I got all these from Kevin Trudeau's book on “The Natural Cures They Don't Want You to Know About” which was censored but then he wrote another book entitled “More Natural Cures Revealed“.
Like me, Kevin must believe in the premise that one can have everything in life if he will just help enough people get what they want. He is really quite an advocate of obtaining natural cures and he is fast becoming the nation's leading consumer advocate.
In This Issue:
Healthy Living, Healthy Life
Natural Cures - Part 3
11. Juice Therapy: Combinations of juice can help stabilize the sugar levels. Experiment with your own combinations of vegetables. Who knows, you may just discover something. Drink the vegetable combinations once or two times a day. You can even use it as a snack with a handful of nuts. If you need to sweeten the juice, use only the least amount of apple. Try the following:
1. Combination of cucumber, string beans, celery, parsley and watercress
2. Combination of parsley, spinach, celery, two carrots, and romaine lettuce
3. Combination of celery, cucumber and chard
12. Nutritional Supplements: To manage the glucose and insulin levels, here are some important supplements: B-complex vitamins, vitamin C, vitamin E, as well as the zinc, magnesium, and chromium. The following are also helpful: vitamin B6, biotin, flaxseed oil, potassium, essential fatty acids, and vanadium, or vanadyl sulfate, an essential trace element that mimic insulin.
Alpha-lipoic acid, amino acid complex, coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10), digestive enzymes like as amylase, lipase, protease, and amylase, and pancreatic enzymes are also helpful. Recently, stabilized rice bran has shown to help manage diabetes. It is known to have the ability to lower and regulate the blood sugar levels better.
Some cannot always increase their dietary sources of nutrients. Because it is important to have this, those who cannot assimilate the nutrients should check with their doctor about intravenous infusion so they can take minerals and trace amounts.
13. Oxygen Therapy: The diabetic's red blood cells have a reduced ability to release oxygen because of the shortage of 2.3-diphosphoglycerate molecule that stimulates red blood cells in order to be able to deliver oxygen properly to the cells of the body, tissues and organs.
Inadequate amount of 2,3-diphosphoglycerate will slow down the ability of the body to deliver the oxygen to the different parts of the body where it is needed. And this could lead to complications in the form infections and gangrenes. This is where the practitioners of oxygen therapy come in.
14. Hydrogen Peroxide Therapy: Charles Farr, M.D. was successful many times when he administered hydrogen peroxide solutions to type 2 diabetics intravenously. He said that his best success was with patients who had not been treated with diabetes drug and insulin. In such cases, he was able to reverse the condition.
15. Reduction of Stress: Chronic stress leads to elevated blood glucose levels so there is a need to include rejuvenation and techniques into the everyday routine. Some of the techniques shown to help the diabetics are meditation, yoga, guided imagery, and biofeedback training. Massages also help. Try any method and assess which one fits you best.
16. Topical Treatment: The body circulation can be improved through everyday dry brush massage or massaging the skin with a brush. This a natural technique to improve circulation. This can help the glucose move into the cells from the bloodstream. The cells are where glucose is needed as a source of energy.
17. Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM): This could include a combination of herbs and acupuncture. It is specially effective with intermediate and beginning type 2 diabetes and type 1 diabetes in the very early stage. Its benefits include improving problems caused by poor circulation and the slowing down of neuropathy.
Acupuncture can reduce the autoimmune reaction if it is focused on the spleen and pancreas. It has also been shown to improve the endocrine system functioning. The Chinese herbs can help relieve the symptoms of diabetes. Some of the herbs used are wild yam, rehmannia, and astragalus.
18. Alternative Professional Care: There are other therapies as well that have been used for testing as well as treating diabetes. We have Bio-Energetic Testing, Guided Imagery, Massage Therapy, Magnetic Field Therapy, Detoxification Therapy, Reflexology, Tai Chi, Yoga, Qigong, Osteopathic Medicine, Biofeedback Training and Neurotherapy and Mind/Body Therapies.
3. A Success Quotation of the Month
"No man or woman of my acquaintance who knows how to practice silence and does it has ever been sick to my knowledge. I have noticed that my own afflictions come upon me when I do not balance expression with relaxation." Starr Daily
The secret is to keep the mind open. Regularly remove all disappointments and irritations from the mind. Unless we do this we could get sick from the unhappy thoughts we accumulate. Then as others have done, thoughts to attract good health may not be strong enough to happen.
4. And here’s the dessert recipe we promised you.
Healthy Recipe: Date-Walnut Cake With Warm Honey Sauce
5. 6. Let's laugh together at this joke even if it's not funny. Laughing will help get us healthy.
Looking for Trouble?
A tough and angry-looking guy went into a bar and demanded in a loud voice.
Guy: Who is the strongest man here? (Everyone was scared. The ladies were preparing to duck under the tables. It was silent for about a minute.)
Bouncer: I am, why, you want to go outside?
Guy: Yes, can you help me push my car to the gas station?
6. Do you have a question or comment for the team?
Drop us a line at our contact form and write your questions or comment there.
Question: Are all calories the same?
Answer:People of course will think a calorie is a calorie but the nutritional value in foods are different as in calories from a dessert and those from a salad. Most will say that of course of the two, the dessert has more calories. Drs. Fine and Feinman say that calories are not at all times equal because some are more likely to be changed into fat.
Some find this thinking controversial because we have always been taught that to lose weight, based on the first law of thermodynamics, we have to consume less calories than we burn. Fine and Feinman argued that with the second law of thermodynamics, some bodies will react differently to 400 calories of protein than they will to 400 calories of sugar.
It has something to do with insulin, Fine and Feinman say that the key to weight loss is to control the secretion of insulin. Researchers reported that people with high levels of insulin have more chance to lose weight on a high protein, low-carb diet instead of the low-calorie, high-carb diet.
They say the reason for this is that chicken, fish and other quality proteins hardly increase the levels of insulin. The researchers concluded that weight loss may be partly due to differences in the response to insulin. So for those whose insulin function is compromised, eating the low-glycemic way may be best for losing weight.
This does not mean one has to eat a high protein diet. Lean meat, fish and chicken with non-starchy vegetables that contain high fiber can help control both the insulin and glucose levels. This can also help stabilize the weight. Check with the dietitian.
7. Got something to say? Please write down your questions and comments in the contact form in our website.
Thank you for being a subscriber of Diabetes Positive Approach,! Let this be the year we will stop all negative thoughts, negative actions, and negative reactions. For these only attract like-minded vibrations and that is something we want to avoid at all cost. We want to put out all positive thinking so the universe will not be confused with giving us the opportunities we deserve!
Roger and Evelyn Guzman
Know somebody who'd like to read this? Please forward it to your family, friends, coworkers, and anyone else that you think might need or enjoy it. Thank you for your help and support.
|Back to Back Issues Page|