|Back to Back Issues Page|
Diabetes Positive Approach, Issue #1102-- Cope with Diabetes; Live Healthy
February 01, 2011
Hi! You are receiving this because you signed up for Diabetes Positive Approach. To unsubscribe, use the link at the end.
Welcome to this month's issue where you will have more of the natural cures for diabetes. Whatever we think about this will be transmitted to the universe and if it is positive, powerful and intense enough, it will attract like-minded vibrations which just may help what is ailing us.
In This Issue:
1. What's new at http://www.free-symptoms-of-diabetes-alert.com?
Let's tackle the newsalert section first:
Solving Emotional Crisis
MicroRNAs Could Increase the Risk of Amputation in Diabetics
Deep Sleep Plan
Here are the other new additions to the website:
The following was added the month before but I was not able to report it on the last newsletter.
Here are the new additions at our sister site at Blogging for Diabetes and You You may be able to hit control and click to follow the link:
There is an article published at Diabetes in Children - Part 3 What Is Type 1 and the Symptoms To Look For
Healthy Living, Healthy Life
Natural Cures - Part 2
6. Avoid foods that you are allergic to: Eating foods one is allergic to can only make the diabetes symptoms worse because of inflammation. The cells that produce insulin can also be destroyed because of the autoimmune reactions.
For the diabetics the most common foods that trigger allergy are chocolate, wheat, milk, corn and dairy products. Any food allergy can make the diabetes condition worse so take note of your body's reaction to food you eat. It is also good to be tested for food allergies.
The options for reliable allergy testing include Kinesiology, NAET, Live Blood Cell Analysis and electro dermal screening with the use of technology that is computer-based offered by Bio Meridian, Computron and others. These are all good options that will provide accurate assessment.
William H. Philpott, M.D., a top allergy specialist noted the effects of food allergies on type 2 diabetics. After eating the wrong food, the most common response is the swelling of the body cells. The diabetic response stopped when the offending food was removed. Rotation diet is used to treat this which involves the removal of the food for three months. After this period, the food is re-introduced and if the negative reaction occurs, the food is eliminated from the diet.
7. Energy Medicine: Dan Dunphy, PAC, has been successful in reversing type 1 and type 2 diabetes with the use of electro dermal screening. This process allows him to detect hidden microorganism and other interfering energy blockages. Natural therapies are then used to help the patients recover. Ondamed is one energy medicine device that can be helpful.
8. Exercise and Stress Reduction: The National Institute of Health has proven that regular exercise along with a weight loss program reduces the risk for developing diabetes by 58% among those who are at risk to develop this condition. That's an amazing figure as it is almost double the rate for those taking oral medications. So exercise should really be a part of the daily routine.
Exercise is very helpful because of how it imitates the insulin function to open the muscle cells to allow the glucose to enter. Besides, light exercise like biking, walking, swimming and any other favorite every day activities can lead to a temporary increase in heart rate. It makes one sweat too. All these help with weight control and in steadying the blood sugar levels.
Get your doctor's okay though because eye condition can be worsen by some form of exercise. Also, if you use insulin injections for diabetes management, strenuous exercise may cause the blood sugar to drop too low that may lead to hypoglycemia. To offset that reaction or prevent it, drink a glass of orange juice or eat fast-acting carbohydrate snack.
9. Herbal Medicine: Diabetes Management is helped by the use of herbs because many of these help regulate the blood sugar level. Those that have traditionally been used are fenugreek seeds, bilberry, garlic, bitter melon, Jerusalem artichoke, olive leaves, mulberry leaves and ginseng. When you use any of these, consult a practitioner who is skilled at this and monitor your blood sugar and urine closely
Dan Dunphy said that the huerque cactus can considerably lower blood sugar levels to the point most of his type 2 diabetes patients who depend on insulin were able to stop taking insulin after they began using huerque. The trouble is that after six months the patients develop tolerance to it so he recommends stopping use of it for a month and then start using it again.
10. Hydrotherapy: Hydrotherapy involves the application of ice, water, steam, cold and hot temperatures to restore health. Treatments involving hydrotherapy include steam baths, saunas, full body immersion, application of cold and/or hot compresses, and colonic irrigation. Seek advice from a health practitioner who deals in alternative health care.
3. A Success Quotation of the Month
"Be bold, and mighty forces will come to your aid." Basil King
4. And here’s the dessert recipe we promised you.
Healthy Recipe: Creamy Fruit Dessert
5. 6. Let's laugh together at this joke even if it's not funny. Laughing will help get us healthy.
Johnny went to visit his friend at the mental hospital.
Johnny: (While waiting for his friend to come out, he talked to an attendant) How do you know if someone is mentally ill to be in this hospital?
Attendant: Oh, it's easy. We fill the bathtub full of water and we give the prospective patient a spoon, a pail and a cup to empty the bathtub.
Johnny: Oh that's easy. A person who is well enough will use the pail.
Attendant: You're wrong! A person who is not sick will just pull the plug off the drain.
6. Do you have a question or comment for the team?
Drop us a line at our contact form and write your questions or comment there.
Question: How do the whole grains lower the blood glucose?
Answer:Whole grains contain more fiber than the refined grains and the fiber helps slow down the rise in the blood glucose after a meal. In addition, fiber is also known to improve insulin resistance. Watch the food labels though for they do not tell the whole story. What they do is that if the white bread has 1.6 grams of fiber it is reported as rounded up to 2 grams and if the whole wheat has 2.4 grams of fiber, it is put down on the labels as containing the rounded down figure of 2 grams. Do you see how the discrepancy can result?
7. Got something to say? Please write down your questions and comments in the contact form in our website.
Thank you for being a subscriber of Diabetes Positive Approach,! Just like what Ralph Waldo Emerson said, we are the only ones who can use our ability and all of us have a God-given talent that we must use for the benefit of mankind. It's an awesome responsibility, isn't it? But work at it, we must!
Roger and Evelyn Guzman
|Back to Back Issues Page|